Saturday, January 7, 2012

I dare you!

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day by far. For the past 3 months, I would say 75% of the time I have some sort of smoothie. I usually am a person that gets sick of one thing over and over, but never this smoothie!


Green Chocado Smoothie
1/2 ripe avocado                                                              1/2 tsp stevia
Handful of greens (spinach, rainbow chard, kale)              3 Cubes of Ice
1 Tbsp organic unsweetened chocolate powder               1/4 cup water or coconut milk

Add to a blender and mix until smooth.

I often use Maximized Living chocolate protein powder instead of the chocolate powder and stevia. Optional add ins are a few frozen raspberries, 4 organic coffee beans, or a few drips of organic mint extract.

I dare you to try this. It's really like eating dessert for breakfast, only you get tons of good healthy fats, and nutrients from the greens. In the words of my husband, "you sneeeaky wife!" I like to sneak healthy things in where they won't necessarily be noticed as such.

Let me know if you have any questions on where to get ingredients and what you think of the smoothie!



No comments:

Post a Comment